chunky hall table in elm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary M

Established Member
Reaction score
now that i have learn't how to upload pics :D
i thought you guys might like to see some of my work !!
this table is made from the elm that i pictured being cut on my dewalt bandsaw, no wip pics :oops: sorry never thought, iwas too busy making sawdust !!
e9546a4d.jpg

SWMBO loves it !!
e95469d6.jpg

all comments appreciated!! :D

Gary M":1p8wvhdw said:
now that i have learn't how to upload pics :D
i thought you guys might like to see some of my work !!
this table is made from the elm that i pictured being cut on my dewalt bandsaw, no wip pics :oops: sorry never thought, iwas too busy making sawdust !!
Well nice looking table :D grain must of been difficult to plane?

Gary M":1p8wvhdw said:
SWMBO loves it !!
The best praise there is. =D>

Very nice. Like the wood. I know what you mean about work in progress shots its so easy to get motoring and forget the camera.
Owen

thanks guys, as i am relatively new to showing my work on the web, i appreciate all your comments, keep them coming please good or bad

Dave, to be honest the elm wasn't that hard to plane, to my surprise, i thought it would have been a nightmare :roll: but the thicknesser left a good finish which helped !

Alan, my mistake, i got a few pics taken while i was cutting the elm down for the top in reply to another post and then totally forgot about any more. I normally don't even take pics of my work at all :shock: watch out for my next episode wip a promise :wink:

Owen, we must be on the same level mate !! :lol:

Waka, Paul, thanks for the kind comments, it makes my enthusiasm even stronger !!

Nice table gary. :D
Love the grain of the Elm.
What finish did you apply :?:
Paul.J.
And by the way i forget to take piccys as well,get carried away some times :roll:

cheers Paul.J
i bought the elm off a local furniture making business, they said it wasn't suitable for their use---- their loss :D

i gave the table two coats of danish oil and then two coats of wax finishing polish.

Excellent piece of furniture,Gary :D
Finish looks great,timber looks absolutely beautiful,and the size and proportions look very well-balanced.

Andrew

Back