Choosing and Selecting a Tool Belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Stig

Established Member
Reaction score
It has been suggested that I get a tool belt for college, I've been looking around it and it seems that they all vary a great deal and never having sourced one before I'm completely in the dark about what's best. I had a quick search in Google and fancied one like this.

I had a look on the Axminster and Screwfix sites but nothing looked like it'd last very long.

Anyone got any advice?

Hi Stig,

I don't work site, although I have done in the past, so I am probably not the best to answer this question consisely. But when I was working on site I hated having things hanging off me, it's just something else to get in the way, and you have to make sure you're not scraping said tools on any project you've just finished.
I just had pencil behind ear, tape in pocket or on belt, and maybe at a push if using it a lot a hammer loop & hammer, and sometimes a small carpenters or engineers square. I find that having a small roller bag or similar is much easier, to drag around/ carry about than having it all hanging off you. You could also look at getting one of the small drill/ driver's that are getting good these days. I have the Makita 10.8v one and it's pretty powerful for the size it is, and it fits in your pocket for ease of use. Good for thight spaces too, insides of cupboards/ cabinets and what-not.

But of course; each to their own. Maybe try someone else's out for 1/2 an hour and see what it's like. Hope that's of some help mate. Cheers _Dan.

Back