Chequer wood Bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnErY

Established Member
Reaction score
Checker wood bowl turned again with my carbide tool finished with acrylic sanding sealer with carnauba wax with burnishing cream , turned this after seeing one at woodys last time I visited him this timber is very pleasant to turn and with the carbide tool the shavings glide off like ribbon Ebonised the rim with spirit stain. Bowl size is 9x3 in deep
Regards
Bill

Attachments

• 100_0594.JPG
    100_0594.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 786
  • 100_0597.JPG
    100_0597.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 786
  • 100_0598.JPG
    100_0598.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 786
EnErY":2lc4d0zs said:
Checker wood bowl turned again with my carbide tool finished with acrylic sanding sealer with carnauba wax with burnishing cream , turned this after seeing one at woodys last time I visited him this timber is very pleasant to turn and with the carbide tool the shavings glide off like ribbon Ebonised the rim with spirit stain. Bowl size is 9x3 in deep
Regards
Bill
nice bowl EnErY well done.

Very nice Bill good finish especially as you haven't been turning for long by the way it is Chequer wood ( Sorbus torminalisone ) one of our oldest forestry trees the fruit were used to flavor beer, which may be related to the ancient symbol of a pub being the chequer-board (although it has also been suggested that the pub name itself was originally brought by the Romans.

Back