Cheap Granite Plates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studders

Established Member
Reaction score
Morrisons are selling what they call Worktop Savers made from Granite. The biggest one is £10 and seems a fairly substantial lump, though I've no idea how flat they are they did 'seem' quite flat. I reckon two bonded together might make a good scary sharp surface.

I'd check flatness rather carefully if I were you.

Kitchen manufacturers are not really interested in precision flatness.

David

Yup, they would need checking but they did 'seem' to be fairly flat. Hard to be sure though, don't think Morrisons would appreciate me checking with my straightedge before buying. :) Still, if they weren't flat enough I suppose I could always use it for its original purpose.

I got my bit of granite from my local stone mason, he makes headstones and I got a 3 feet by 8 inches by 8 inches piece dead flat for £5.00. As it was an offcut and he couldn't use it for anything. If I =didnt have it he was going to dump it. Hes got loads of offcuts, but the cost of potage puts me off buying the lot and putting them on e-bay. LOL

Dangermouse":8y8qszh0 said:
I got my bit of granite from my local stone mason, he makes headstones and I got a 3 feet by 8 inches by 8 inches piece dead flat for £5.00. As it was an offcut and he couldn't use it for anything. If I =didnt have it he was going to dump it. Hes got loads of offcuts, but the cost of potage puts me off buying the lot and putting them on e-bay. LOL

And just think!

If you get it engraved on the back...you can use it later!

"Here lies Jim...he was a sharp guy!"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jim

jimi43":6i6dlj38 said:
Dangermouse":6i6dlj38 said:

And just think!

If you get it engraved on the back...you can use it later!

"Here lies Jim...he was a sharp guy!"....... and tight :mrgreen:

Bahhh... I specifically went to my local Morrisons today and they don't have them. Maybe it's a local thing...

alan2001":1uk6e7rf said:
Bahhh... I specifically went to my local Morrisons today and they don't have them. Maybe it's a local thing...

Where you live Alan, you could probably dig it out of the hillside :lol:

Latest posts

Back