Charnwood W896 Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technium

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have managed to pick up the above from Gumtree for £50 which Im hoping to use on my table Saw and Planer Thicknesser but am strugling trying to find a manual for it. Does anyone have one of these machines at all or know where I can download a copy of the manual?

thanks in advance

Colin

I've had a good look around including the internet archive sites and can't find anything about this machine at all. Hopefully someone will have a copy to send you. good luck

Perhaps just look up a similar model from another company and see if the manual for that is close enough? .. usually these things are pretty similar across the board

ok found a manual as its very similar to the axminster awde5002 but reading the comments some users have created a pre chip separator. Ive seen a few for normal dust hoses but wasnt aware or one for chips. Has anyone got any how to's for creating one?

thanks in advance

Colin

Thanks yeah thats what I was thinking but those are for smaller hoses, I didnt realise people made cyclones for use with the 100mm chip extractors.

As designed. that machine is a chip extractor and offers little filtering. Add a 100mm cyclone or Thein separator and you will be able to collect both dust and chippings. Once that is working well, the bag can be exchanged for a decent fine filter and you will have cleaner air to breathe too.
Big advantage of the separator methods are that the the separator and collection bin can be stacked vertically taking minimal floor space and the blower/filter can be tucked up in the roof space almost anywhere. My bin and cyclone only need a 500mm diameter footprint (+ access to empty)
Your blower is quite low powered so try and locate it where you wont need long hose runs to your machines and keep the diameter up to full 100mm all the way to the machine even if you need a reducer at the end. This keeps frictional losses to a minimum.

Thanks Myfordman that sounds good. The extractor was cheap and will hopefully suffice until I have more funds available should I feel I need to upgade. Would adding a Thein or Cyclone not reduce the power of the unit and make it less useable?

thanks

Colin

technium":1whrnly3 said:
Thanks Myfordman that sounds good. The extractor was cheap and will hopefully suffice until I have more funds available should I feel I need to upgade. Would adding a Thein or Cyclone not reduce the power of the unit and make it less useable?

thanks

Colin
You are correct in that everything added will reduce airflow. Try it as desgined first and see how well it works then try adding things. I certainly did not get things right first time and needed experimentation.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back