Chainsaw help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a chainsaw with a name/number similar to one of the following:- Danarm 1-36, Frontier 35, Husqvarna 35, Jonsered 361/365/370 or Pioneer/Partner 360? As far as I can see, they are all basically the same saw, just re-badged. I recently bought a very cheap Frontier RB35, but the manual oil pump seems to be stuck, and I can't work out how to take out the plunger to free it. I've got a manual which supposedly covers it, but it's one of the many details that isn't there.

(If anyone is thinking of buying the Clymer Chainsaw Manual, be warned, it's not brilliant – each of the above models has more or less identical inadequate text details and thesame dodgy copies of the exploded diagrams)

Any help appreciated

Can't comment on the others but Husquvarna don't make a number 35, they do a 350 which is a pro machine with adjustable rate oil pump. If you have a manual pump then it sounds like a DIY machine.

Also Huskys have a very good manual no poor photo copies

Jason

jasonB":r29l1fyb said:
Can't comment on the others but Husquvarna don't make a number 35, they do a 350 which is a pro machine with adjustable rate oil pump. If you have a manual pump then it sounds like a DIY machine.

Also Huskys have a very good manual no poor photo copies

Jason

Yes, it's certainly not a professional machine. And the manual I am using is an American publication, which claims that Husqs 33,35,35VR,35VRA, 35 VRCB, 37 and H37 are all basically the same! Presumably those are the US designations. According to this book, "later models are equipped with a positive displacement oil pump assembly", but mine is not a latest model.

Which still doesn't really help............ :cry: Guess I may have to reclaim my equally iffy McCullough off the son-in-law.

Back