car patterns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilljc

Established Member
Reaction score
have recently been asked to do 'something with a Hillman imp on it', also recently been asked to do a Morgan! :shock: Does anyone know of or have patterns that I could use for these cars?
Have been in touch with a couple of professional scroll saw pattern designers, but they have a waiting list of months.
Would be more than happy to pay for anything that might be useful :)

How many wheels does the Morgan need to have? They made three wheelers too, with motorbike engines stuck on the front. And I'd have one if I won the lottery. :) 3 or 4 wheels, there's been plenty of different looking models.
Are you a member of Steve Good's forum? You can ask for patterns to be made on there. There's a number of people who seem to enjoy making patterns for people and if anything, all they ask is that you upload a photo of the finished object

Martin.

Thanks for suggestions guys, :D

have posted request on Steve Good's forum
had a quick look at bigprint tutorial - can't get my head round these things I'm afraid. Have tried to use inkscape, and it mainly fries my brain :roll:
only images I have really successfully used have been in the main simple silhouettes, have looked on google, but mainly photos and too complex for me to use - especially morgan. might stand a chance with the Imp, and will spend some time on it..........

Posted a request on steve goods forum, and almost immediately got an amazing response, with patterns for fretwork Imp and Morgan, and a compound cut one for the Morgan!
Have yet to try them, been fighting computer........but if anyone is interested they are in under heading british cars :)

Gill, where do you get the spray you mentioned on SG's forum? I bought a can of repositionable spray which worked well but the spray head broke off a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I forgot where I bought it.

Glue stick on masking tape usually works OK for me, but I find some of the glue sticks seem to dry out. Or maybe it's the **** weather. :)

Martin.

bought it online from crafters companion.co.uk, can,t remember how I came across them.
If I remember right they do two sorts, the one I got is the purple can, was priced at £5.99 but with a discount for three cans, including postage was £17.00 - brilliant value :)

Don't know if this helps Martin but I got some spray on glue from Home Bargins in Hemsworth a couple of weeks ago can't remember exactly how much but £1.99 Or £2.99

Chris

What's the spray like, Chris? I've bought a few cheap cans from various places, but most of them come out in a stream rather than a spray. It works, but you end up with loads in one spot and nothing in another spot. I even tried carpet spray from B&Q but that comes out in a stream too, but certainly sticks it. :)

Martin.

Back