Car boot & Ebay pickup today.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreed

Established Member
Reaction score
A total of £9.50 spent. Sold a load of stuff for £120, car pitch cost of £9 plus £2 fuel.
Net gain of £100.
There are 2 Tyzack tenon saws, one with a reinforcement under the handle??? Anyone seen this before? It needs recutting but I couldn't resist.

A Stanley 75 ( I think) body.

Some rubbish & some nice chisels.

Not a bad day out:)
tn_IMG_0667.JPG

tn_IMG_0668.JPG

tn_IMG_0669.JPG

tn_IMG_0670.JPG

tn_IMG_0671.JPG

tn_IMG_0672.JPG

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0667.JPG
    tn_IMG_0667.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 1,572
  • tn_IMG_0668.JPG
    tn_IMG_0668.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 1,572
  • tn_IMG_0669.JPG
    tn_IMG_0669.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,572
  • tn_IMG_0670.JPG
    tn_IMG_0670.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,572
  • tn_IMG_0671.JPG
    tn_IMG_0671.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 1,572
  • tn_IMG_0672.JPG
    tn_IMG_0672.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 1,572
not bad, some work to get them at there best but thats the fun i guess, i like the footprint chisel, i got 3 yesterday at a booty, good chisels
TT

That's a dam good haul, a couple of those chisels with octagonal handles have some age to them.

Pete

nice haul i got a marples no6 3 french pig stickers 2 tyzack saws 2 spear and jackson and a brades axe was a good day

As you say, some good, some not so good. If you have any stubborn tins of paint, I think you now have the means of opening them... three of your chisels might be like the ones discussed here.

I've read something about that reinforced handle recently - maybe on here or else another forum. I think it was a discussion of the high price one had just sold for, although the design was not that good at actually stopping the handles from breaking!

I don't know why, but of all the hand tools old chisels do it for me, followed by planes. Getting on for 150 now. Weirdo I guess...

Thanks AndyT. Very interesting read.
It needs a huge amount of work, & some of it beyond my current skill set.
The items I've collected that are in a similar state are getting a bit of a clean & rust removal/protection & then being put to one side. I reckon that they deserve quality repair & renovation & I'll wait until I'm fully versed in these black arts before bodging it.
The guy I got it from looked at me sideways; I must have been twitching....

I would say that the saw handle has been reinforced by need rather than by origin as the original handle split and the owner wanted to keep it all together.

Not having modern glues to repair it, I guess they just stuck a piece of metal underneath to do the job....and rather effectively it seems.

Great haul...what is the name on the saw back?

Jim

Racers":neb8n723 said:
That's a dam good haul, a couple of those chisels with octagonal handles have some age to them.

Pete

Yes, possibly 18th century era.. (4th and 6th along in the photo)

Cottonwood":1bguc1rj said:
Racers":1bguc1rj said:

Pete

Yes, possibly 18th century era.. (4th and 6th along in the photo)

Indeed so!

Also...can you take some more shots of the sharpening stones from the side...I have a feeling.....

And a few more shots of the maker's marks on the planes would be very interesting.

Cheers

Jimi

Back