Canadian Speed Control

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owl

Established Member
Reaction score
Speed control being used in Canada .
How's this for effective speed control?

ATT00007.jpg

I don't know about you, but
this would certainly slow me down!
People slow down and actually
try to "straddle" the hole.

ATT00010.jpg

This is an actual speed control
device that is currently in use.
It is MUCH cheaper than speed bumps,
cameras, radar guns, police officers, etc.

ATT00013.jpg

Pretty clever -- especially when they move
them around every day.
Isn't Art Wonderful?

Attachments

• ATT00007.jpg
    ATT00007.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,608
  • ATT00010.jpg
    ATT00010.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2,608
  • ATT00013.jpg
    ATT00013.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,608
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it!

didn't see any when I was there last year but would certainly have slowed me up.

Hope the advertising campaign just stays on the billboards, think the potential to cause more accidents by folk trying to avoid them would be frowned on somewhat in practice.

At first I thought it was the road outside my home! they are building a new estate over the road and the heavy machinery has ruined the road! :roll: Good fun on the bike swerving around them all. :lol:

Sorry guys, Im gonna be in a minority, disagree and cause loads of arguments here, but to be honest I dont care !

I regularly commute on a motorbike and have the regular hazards of the usual idiots on phones, mums in 4x4's taking young Gemima to nursery, Taxis doing U turns etc, etc. and the majority never even looking in any mirrors.

I'm not an idiotic young racing yob, I'm middle aged, but bike commuting saves nearly 2 hours EACH DAY between Kent and central London.

Now if you are on 4 wheels, a pothole can cause minor damage and is a severe inconvenience to you, while to me it can be life threatening. If I were to approach a so called pot hole transfer on a road, I would take evasive action as a front wheel into the real thing like that, even at 30mph, is likely to throw me off and possibly into the path of a motor vehicle.

Try to imagine putting you own car breaks on in wet weather at any speed. If you brake strongly, you will skid

From the comments it looks like the 4 wheelers out there agree with this approach, but if implemented, I would sue the authority for creating a visibly dangerous hazard, but its hard to do when you have just skidded to avoid a sticker in the road and ended up underneath a 16 wheeler travelling in the opposite direction at 60mph.

Hope its a spoof !!

Not too sure about the livestock, but they certainly chuck a pile of tyres in the road and set fire to them. Then they stand around talking to the police/gendarmes/firemen while the fire destroys the road surface!

I always thought it was agin EU law to burn tyres? But, hey hoe, this is France init :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I wonder if that stunt caused any accidents?

it does actually say ahead of the pothole "it feels like pioneer suspension", I doubt that's normally on the canadian roads...

Latest posts

Back