can you crack this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a photograph taken last week of 6 females of our family.

I created a montage by adding 2 ladies that were missing at the gathering making 8 ladies in all.

The photograph in (PSPX2) was merged in layers, however try as I might Facebook will only display the original 6 figures. It knows I have added an extra subject at each side of the picture I want to upload.

(uploaded 5 times and not posted after preview)

Each time I reduced the picture size in case I was exceeding the size limit but no go.

How would you crack this one?

Yes they were merged and flattened.

It looks like it might be a specification issue, the original photograph was a mobile telephone snap which has been copied and pasted (jpg) quite a few times even from facebook itself.

So going to print a photograph and then rescan it and try and get the spec up to repost at facebook.

I will let you know the results.

Chas. the return photograph also has lost the figure on the lefthand side when the email came in.

I have just opened the picture properly and not just looked at the preview and oddly enough it is complete with both edges, so I will now go and see if it uploads fully.

Let you know.

CHJ":1crb1g2d said:
Don't the jpg images I sent you load on facebook john ?

post a prt scr of your photograph from facebook, it still cuts both ends off.

for chas.jpg

Very strange.

I will do a scan from a print shortly.

Attachments

• for chas.jpg
    for chas.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,228
The solution, the photograph immediately above this post is a print screen copy of the facebook preview before upload is requested.

The photograph at this post I ignored that the preview was short and I went ahead and posted anyway.

It posts a full scene and no shortages.

the solution.jpg

All the female offspring of our family.

Attachments

• the solution.jpg
    the solution.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,219
John, that's nothing to do with the image, it's the face book display parameters just limiting the width of the display to a rectangular view of the most significant features.
Often set to max the view of head and shoulder images.

Always open an image in a dedicated viewer and ensure you are viewing full frame and not missing browser folder height and width sliders.

Thanks Chas. I will get a little more sophisticated with the photograph later today and place the additional people behind or something, also great grandma has got to be added I'm told.

Just a small suggestion, enlarge the added people so that their faces are the same size as the original people this gives better perspective. If you want to add more people, and you have the time, cut all the people out to make separate objects. Then take a photo of a wider background and add the people back in maybe more suitable positions.

Granny's is about the right size of face compared to the "live" pic but the other two additions appear to be miles in the distance as their face sizes are too small.

YeahI know. it was a case of guesstimating when resizing their original pictures, tried percentage and dimension resizes but resolutions and those sought of problems made it long winded and it was only a time waster project for me if you know what I mean.

I used to have a cheap program which allowed a portion to be pasted INTO a scene but is not compatible with W7. So again it was a long winded project the way I had to do it.

Do you know of one that pastes into as against on top? (I did not have to muck around with layer distribution)

Latest posts

Back