Can anyone identify this chuck?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Collected a Coronet lathe today and with it came a box of chuck parts. Does anyone recognise this system? The main chuck body is shown top left and has various collets to fit. The packaged ring is from Robert Sorby, but it doesn't seem to be a current item from them. Many bits fit obviously to each other (plain collects etc), others I'll need a hand with. Looks unused. Came in a box all together and the polystyrene cutouts seem to match all the parts. No other clues I'm afraid other than a piece of paper with CH896 which came in a bag with the woodscrew type collet. Any ideas? Many thanks all, as always, OJ

PS. double click on the image to get it full size

Hi OJ.

I'm only making a guess at this, the chuck you are displaying looks very much like a Craft Supplies - "Precision Combination Chuck".

Put that description into the search box on their site http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/ and you should get some pics. to compare it with.

Good luck in your search.

I bought one (similar I guess) from RECORD
Rather cumbersome to use, but that was the only one I had til I bought oneways and vicmarcs

Yes, that's nailed it, the craft supplies precision collet chuck with all the extras. Thank you all. Pictures of the lathe to follow when it's set up, as I can't tie down the model number. "Coronet" only is written in the casting, but it's green and has the 48" bed. Cheers, OJ

Back