CamVac Test

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halo Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a rebadged CamVac on fleabay last week (see other thread). Initial tests were a little underwhelming. Using 100 mm hose I would say that it is no more powerful than my 1 hp chip extractor but at least it will filter more effectively.

Is there a way to test that it is "sooking" as it should? As an example with only one motor one and placing the end of the tube up against my hand the vacuum is not strong enough to hold the tubing against my hand. With two motors on it is.

So CamVac owners what should I be expecting?

Cheers,

H.

Sounds like it is not a genuine CamVac

However, wash the 2 cloth filters and change the paper filter it should then suck your socks off

I have the twin motor CamVac. I was picking up shavings off the floor with both motors running, the end of the hose sucked it self to the floor then the CamVac shot across the workshop like lighting. So yes 2 motors are powerful.

I've just looked at the filters and the paper bags were caked with what I hope is plaster dust :eek: I will give everything a clean and see how it goes.

I have also been in touch with camvac who have asked for pics so they can tell me if it is genuine or not. Apparently some companies like to "borrow" their design!

Cheers,

H.

cloth bags washed and new paper bags arriving today. Which order do the filters go back on? Is it cloth bag, paper bag or vice versa?

Does anyone have an electronic version of the manual for the GV386 they could send me?

Cheers,

H.

Back