Cage for my parrotlet.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monica

Reaction score
I made a cage for my new parrotlet because I just HATE the look of the store bought cages.

bur2.jpg

bur3.jpg

bur5.jpg

bur7.jpg

bur8.jpg

I stained it with dark walnut woodstain.
bur9.jpg

bur10.jpg

Added a small door for the bird to use:
bur13.jpg

In my living room:
cage.jpg

And Gizmo seems happy with his new big cage!
g3.jpg

The cage is big enough for the bird to fly around in and get some exercise. He started to play with his toys for the first time when I put him in there and he wouldn't come out of the cage the next day! :lol:

Nice cage! Hope he enjoys his new home.

You sure have some serious workshop space there :shock:

that's lovely. My friend keeps parakeets and I agree, the shop bought cages are horrible.

That's rather cool Monica =D> Think I might try a similar project for my little feathered friend Walter - a cockatiel that found us one June day 3 years ago. I heard a strange whistling in the garden and when I turned around, he was sitting on the fence, obviously escaped from somewhere, so I got a handful of wild bird seed and hey presto, he jumped on my hand - he's as tame as you like! We tried to find his owner, but failed, so he's been ours ever since. He's a right tinker - especially when he wolf whistles and says "Hello there"! :lol:

Mark

Very nice Monica, your giving my apprentice some ideas .She was certainly distracted when i told her to order some new router cutters.
013105411-DSC_0002.JPG

Back