Button Jaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
The smallest button I can find on Axi site is 250mm (10") My lathe takes 10" max so ill not be able to loosen and tighten properly if at all.

Are there any other options available to me?? Don't fancy making one.

Record Power do mini cole jaws which are 8 inches diameter, but they are for Nova type chucks - don`t know what kind of chuck you have?

Ian

Axminster used to do a 150mm set of button jaws. I've got a set I use for clocks because they work much better than the 250mm set for those. It might be worth asking around to see if you can locate a set. before you ask - I'm not parting with mine! :wink:

Hudson Carpentry":9l2clht5 said:
Axi Clubman 80mm chuck
What is the jaw travel on the 80mm chuck, is it sufficient to get usable size variations between button PCD's ?

I found the travel limits on a 100mm chuck frustrating when using cole jaws as very often the gripping diameter required for a piece came between button PCD's and expansion limitations. This meant that you either made the piece to fit the jaws (not good) or were fiddling around with different diameter buttons or fixing work arounds.
Hence my acquiring a 125mm chuck for the freedom to expand the jaws way beyond the PCD options for the buttons.

Not sure what the travel is but its a little less then the length of the insert thing.

I don't mind drill holes if need be just don't fancy making one myself

Back