Butterfly Boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

These were commissioned by the Designyard in Dublin, for one of their clients. They liked our Oak Furnace trinket boxes that are on display at the gallery, and wanted to incorporate a butterfly theme, so what could be more fitting for butterfly wings than a bookmatch in Oak Burr. Each lid is bordered using rich brown American Walnut and the inside lid is lined with black lamb nappa, the front has an aluminium art deco style disc which was made at the mill.

The boxes are finished throughout with several coats of blonde shellac prior to waxing.

Cheers

Ian

butterfly1.jpg

butterfly3.jpg

butterfly4.jpg

butterfly2.jpg

That's a nice range of boxes Ian and very tastefully made. For me, I'm not sure about that aluminium Art Deco disc on the front - Rob

I love the boxes but I too am not sure about the Art Deco disk - looks a bit clunky for an otherwise elegant box.

Hi guys

I can see your point but this was a commission and I only had control of the wood types.

They were very well received and more work came out of it.

Cheers

Ian

nice work, and like the choices of the wood...interesting figuring...

Ian":31mxr4q9 said:
Hi guys

I can see your point but this was a commission and I only had control of the wood types.

They were very well received and more work came out of it.

Cheers

Ian
That's fair enough Ian...if it's what the customer wanted :-" Good to hear that you obtained some more work out of it - Rob

Just to be dicky-opposite - I like the Art Deco disk :) So much that it's inspired me to do something on those lines myself. Not a straight copy of course but it's given me some ideas.

I did like these when I saw them in this months Mag Ian. I think the metal insert sets them off. Quality craftsmanship for sure. :D

Back