Business postcards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Gibbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had business postcards produced to show of their woodwork? If so, which one has been good in value and quality?

Thanks

Nick

Not had postcards, but Vistaprint have always done a superb job with my buisness cars with photography. Give them a try and see what sort of layout they could do. You can upload your opwn photos easily.

Alex

Vistaprint! Aaaarrrggghhh no!

OK, I admit there is nothing wrong with their printing. But their business model is appalling.

FREE business cards, just pay for delivery. Yeah, right. Or FREE DELIVERY. Yeah, we just delay your order by a stupid number of days so that you pay up just to get your cards at some point before you go ga-ga in your dotage.

And then to top it off, once you have bought the darn things, you get bombarded with junk email every minute for the rest of your life. I have an email filter to delete everything from them.

Find a good, local, traditional printer and save yourself a whole load of grief.

I had some DVD inserts done by http://www.dawsonprintanddesign.co.uk/ who are (I should say is, as I think it's just a bloke on his own), just a couple of miles away on the other side of town. I simply went to see him, and we worked out the details one-to-one. Just the way I like to do business. OK, he doesn't know the difference between "stationary" and "stationery", according to his website, but that aside I was perfectly happy with what I got for what I paid.

There must be a similar, small operation, near to you.

Had my last batch of business cards made up with different work images on the front by http://www.moo.com. Good value, easy browser editor, nice print quality, free display case and a speedy service ...usually a 10% OFF voucher knocking about if you Google / use Topcashback, etc.

I'm sure they'll do postcards. :D

I think it depends upon the quality of the stationary you require and wish to give out to represent your business. There are plenty of cheap and cheerful quality printers about if you want them. I have used several local printers in the past, as well as Vistaprint, but do like the high quality from Vistaprint and am prepared to pay for it.

Moo also seem to give good quality although I have not used them.

Back