• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

burr bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Beautiful character in that wood and like the previous hollow globe the proportions of the piece let the wood do the talking.
I have a block of Eucalyptus burr on the bench at the moment wondering whether to risk spinning it up, I've had it at least 3 years but when I checked it a couple of days ago it was still at 20% + moisture content on the bits my probes can reach.

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
I really like the bits of Eucalyptus I've turned, and yours is even nicer [wood] and much nicer [turning]. A keeper!

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Hughie , really nice piece lovely shape ,finish is excellent. Have you tried other finishes and settled on DO or can it accept other finishes as good as that Thanks for showing

Dieseldog

Established Member
Reaction score
very nice bowl and luv the shape..ive never turned Eucalyptus but wood luv to giv it a go
just hope it comes out as good as yours hughie

hughie

Established Member
Reaction score
[really nice piece lovely shape ,finish is excellent. Have you tried other finishes and settled on DO or can it accept other finishes as good as that
On a previous piece I had two coats of DO then three or four coats of WOP. Just make sure your DO is completely dry and hard. Other wise the WOP will take forever to dry :( guess how I found out :D
I like the DO because one or two coats leaves a very natural finish as if theres nothing applied to it.

Latest posts