burr bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughie

Established Member
Reaction score
small burr bowl 6x2.5 finished with DO. Hard Eucalyptus burr, fairly dense and takes a shine well, very dusty when dry.

Attachments

• woodfast 150.jpg
    woodfast 150.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,047
Beautiful character in that wood and like the previous hollow globe the proportions of the piece let the wood do the talking.
I have a block of Eucalyptus burr on the bench at the moment wondering whether to risk spinning it up, I've had it at least 3 years but when I checked it a couple of days ago it was still at 20% + moisture content on the bits my probes can reach.

I really like the bits of Eucalyptus I've turned, and yours is even nicer [wood] and much nicer [turning]. A keeper!

Hi Hughie , really nice piece lovely shape ,finish is excellent. Have you tried other finishes and settled on DO or can it accept other finishes as good as that Thanks for showing

[really nice piece lovely shape ,finish is excellent. Have you tried other finishes and settled on DO or can it accept other finishes as good as that

On a previous piece I had two coats of DO then three or four coats of WOP. Just make sure your DO is completely dry and hard. Other wise the WOP will take forever to dry :( guess how I found out :D
I like the DO because one or two coats leaves a very natural finish as if theres nothing applied to it.

Back