Burisch Air Compressor 2.5HP 24L

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpfn140378

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I need to buy a small air compressor for DIY use, check tyre pressure, blow dust away from different bits and pieces, you know, garage use.
I found this one on ebay at a good price and a kit with it, the thing is, I never heard about the make, do you guys know anything about it? Anyone own one?
Please check the link below:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burisch-Air-C ... 23273764b9

the fittings are non standard, so you will not be able to get any additional tools that fit. i had a similar problem with mine which was a stanley i think. otherwise it will probably do the jobs that you have listed. you can normally pick them up a bit cheaper if you keep an eye open- the brands are much of a muchness at this price.

marcros":1fp347pw said:
the fittings are non standard, so you will not be able to get any additional tools that fit. i had a similar problem with mine which was a stanley i think. otherwise it will probably do the jobs that you have listed. you can normally pick them up a bit cheaper if you keep an eye open- the brands are much of a muchness at this price.
Does it use the usa type fittings?
When i had a compressor and purchased Porter cable nail guns ( with usa fittings) I changed the fittings on the guns, after purchasing the new parts from axi. Think they also sold a usa to uk adapter to use between fittings.

i am not sure. i took my kit into machine mart where i did manage to get some fittings to put onto my compressor to replace the ones it came with, in order to use my nail gun and better air hose etc. They told me that the fittings on it were chinese, and that i wouldnt be able to get any other bits to fit- whether there was/is a standard adaptor i dont know. i took their word on it, since i wanted to use the gun that i had as its main use, and to convert it only cost a few quid. it isnt an idea solution though, because the line leaving the compressor and connecting to my hose is smaller than the hose diameter. It was almost a buy cheap, buy twice job, but i dont use it a lot and havent bothered to replace it with a better one yet. It is good enough for now, just.

After reading your coments, I have to ask what brand of air compressor you guys use? Or what brand of air compressor you can recommend to me that can use any other fittings that I can buy here in uk. I don't mind to go an extra mile and buy something that can accept any fittings.

i believe that the clarke ones use the standard fittings and are made in Italy. that is what MM told me when i was sorting mine out.

Actually you mentioning machine mart, i may have got some parts from them aswell. TBH i would look out for a deal on a compressor with uk? fittings and buy the other items as needed. The tyre inflater etc are not expensive to buy.

kit here
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... r-tool-kit
Comes with screw connection, so you can fit your own quick release fittings ;)

I have one of these small compressors and find it fine for using the palm nailer or brad gun and some smaller tools,the problem comes when you need a constant air flow for more than 10 seconds or so, the 24 litre air tank is not large enough to keep up with the demand for air and will lose a lot of its pressure even though the pump is running continuously. imho you would be better off spending a little extra on something with a larger capacity tnk. Of course it may just be the one that i have is a load of bol locks :wink:

Regards

Mark

MARK.B.":tfon7d1f said:
I have one of these small compressors and find it fine for using the palm nailer or brad gun and some smaller tools,the problem comes when you need a constant air flow for more than 10 seconds or so, the 24 litre air tank is not large enough to keep up with the demand for air and will lose a lot of its pressure even though the pump is running continuously. imho you would be better off spending a little extra on something with a larger capacity tnk. Of course it may just be the one that i have is a load of bol locks :wink:

Regards

Mark
A few years ago I had a 50L one and I was ok with it. Now a days I don't use an air compressor so often and the lack of space is one of the reasons why I was thinking about the 25L one. I will check how much more it costs a 50L compressor

I've a SIP oil less, near 12 or 13 yrs now, few things broken on but still works fine.
Lidl were doing Parkside 25 ltr models with extras for £89. A friend got one and it seems good, no real difference from mine and 3 yr warranty too.

Here's some user info on it:

http://www.scimitarweb.co.uk/sgwrs/view ... 21&t=16859

Most of the compressors in this price range are similar and are good value for money. The problem with the non standard couplings on the cheaper air tool kits is an easy fix and should not put you off.

Hi, It depends on what you want to do with it. It really is down to the CFM that the compressor can out put. The chart below includes some common air tools and their average CFM measurements. Reference this chart to determine what continuous CFM rating is required of your air compressor. Air tools are often rated as “Average CFM.” “Average CFM” is typically based on a 25% duty cycle (15 seconds out of a min.). This sometimes creates a problem with tools that are used on a continuous basis (ex. orbital sanders, die grinders, etc). Nailers and impact wrenches typically don't have the same problem since by their nature are used more intermittently. If you plan on using an air tool on a continuous basis, it is a good idea to multiply the “Average CFM” x 4 to get a continuous CFM rating for the tool.

Air Tool Description Average CFM @ 90 PSI
Angle Disc Grinder - 7" 5-8
Brad Nailer 0.3
Chisel/Hammer 3-11
Cut-Off Tool 4-10
Drill, Reversible or Straight-Line 3-6
Dual Sander 11-13
Framing Nailer 2.2
Grease Gun 4
Hydraulic Riveter 4
Impact Wrench - 3/8" 2.5-3.5
Impact Wrench - 1/2" 4-5
Impact Wrench - 1" 10
Mini Die Grinder 4-6
Needle Scaler 8-16
Nibbler 4
Orbital Sander 6-9
Ratchet - 1/4" 2.5-3.5
Ratchet - 3/8" 4.5-5
Rotational Sander 8-12.5
Shears 8-16
Speed Saw 5

snax":1gtkk58s said:
Hi, It depends on what you want to do with it. It really is down to the CFM that the compressor can out put. The chart below includes some common air tools and their average CFM measurements. Reference this chart to determine what continuous CFM rating is required of your air compressor. Air tools are often rated as “Average CFM.” “Average CFM” is typically based on a 25% duty cycle (15 seconds out of a min.). This sometimes creates a problem with tools that are used on a continuous basis (ex. orbital sanders, die grinders, etc). Nailers and impact wrenches typically don't have the same problem since by their nature are used more intermittently. If you plan on using an air tool on a continuous basis, it is a good idea to multiply the “Average CFM” x 4 to get a continuous CFM rating for the tool.

Air Tool Description Average CFM @ 90 PSI
Angle Disc Grinder - 7" 5-8
Brad Nailer 0.3
Chisel/Hammer 3-11
Cut-Off Tool 4-10
Drill, Reversible or Straight-Line 3-6
Dual Sander 11-13
Framing Nailer 2.2
Grease Gun 4
Hydraulic Riveter 4
Impact Wrench - 3/8" 2.5-3.5
Impact Wrench - 1/2" 4-5
Impact Wrench - 1" 10
Mini Die Grinder 4-6
Needle Scaler 8-16
Nibbler 4
Orbital Sander 6-9
Ratchet - 1/4" 2.5-3.5
Ratchet - 3/8" 4.5-5
Rotational Sander 8-12.5
Shears 8-16
Speed Saw 5
Thanks

have you seen this on Amazon?

Wolf Cheyenne 50L, 14CFM, 3HP V Twin Air Compressor £177

snax":15pp2oly said:
have you seen this on Amazon?

Wolf Cheyenne 50L, 14CFM, 3HP V Twin Air Compressor £177
Yes I saw that one It I can't have it becuase it says this: "must be operated from a heavy duty power supply and not from extension cables"
So I have to use extension cables from my house to the garage. I probably will go for the Wolf Sioux 50L

Hi all. Sorry for bringing up this topic again
after all these months. I haven't bought the air compressor yet as my garage was due to have the roof done at some point this year, so it will be done very soon and probably the air compressor will be bought soon as well.
I was keeping my eye on the air compressors from time to time and as you all read in the beginning of this topic I have a preference for a 25 litres compressor because of the lack of space, otherwise the 50 litres one it was the one I should've gone for.
However there is an issue bugging me, I read in the internet a few days ago that if we use the air compressor connected to one extension wire instead of a mains socket, it might cause the capacitor to fail. On the other hand, a few years ago I had a 50L fini amico air compressor all the time connected to an extension lead and it never ever caused me a single problem, and it used to work every single day.
Nowadays because I don't have any electric point in the garage, I am planing to run the air compressor and leave it full in the garage for those days when I need to check the tyres pressure and stuff like that unless you guys tell me that there is a problem in leaving it full of air for weeks.
As one of you recommended the "wolf Sioux", I am following one of those and the " Sealey SAC2420E Compressor 24ltr Direct Drive 2hp 230v", probably I assume a bit more reliable. Which of these two would you guys buy?

Lidl have compressors on offer on Monday.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-BB5F0 ... il&id=5919
I would go for the 50lt one and with a 3 year warranty you can't go wrong.
If running this from an extension lead you need to have the lead uncoiled from the drum or it will overheat the lead.
I doubt if any compressor in the lower price range would hold pressure in the tank for several weeks.

Back