Brother's Birthday present

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mreagleeyes

Established Member
Reaction score
He wanted a bench for the garden. The design idea is to have a deep seated section to invite lounging and lazy nights under the stars. unfortunately he lives in Fulham so those stars all seem to be heading for Heathrow Airport.
1 plane every 30 seconds, madness.

Initial design drawing and model
4069634138_e5e0918b22_o.jpg

4069634294_9391ac7cbd_o.jpg

Iroko with varying varnish's and finishes.
4069634614_8dce9756d0_o.jpg

Construction
4069635950_104df7af35_o.jpg

4069635772_31eaa8d963_o.jpg

4069635532_020f7f53e0_o.jpg

4068878351_4126370860_o.jpg

4068877931_03fac645de_o.jpg

Finished
4069636072_e19e78f1b6_o.jpg

Delivered
The whole assembly breaks down into 4 components. 2 Arm sections and the seat and the back, good for those small house's.
4068881913_f657785711_b.jpg

Hmm now I've seen that design somewhere before, has it been featured in a magazine or style blog?

It's very nice, I think I've got it in my 'inspiration folder'

Wizer. It's definitely my design. I came up with so many and then a Google search later revealed that they had been done before.
I would be very interested in knowing where you have seen it before. I put the pictures on my FaceBook account and another woodwork forum but that's it. Bit paranoid about someone steeling my designs.
"I think I've got it in my 'inspiration folder", could you check and make sure I'm not missing out. Thanks.

A Pub in Hampstead may be getting a full garden range in the same style, just got to get it in on budget, £70,000 ddoesn'tgo far in the wood world.

No it's not in there. Have you posted it on either FWW.com or Lumberjocks?

I really like that - the design has a nice simplicity to it. Nice to see a garden bench with modern design ideas for a change.

Ed

Love it. Great that it can be broken down into components as well - perfect for terraced houses with no side access. Nice wide arms to balance a glass on too :wink:

Cheers, Pete.

petermillard":15iupyry said:
Love it. Great that it can be broken down into components as well - perfect for terraced houses with no side access. Nice wide arms to balance a glass on too :wink:

Cheers, Pete.

I like the way you think, young man...all we need now is summer (feels like a log way off at the moment though).

Thats lovely, I like the lounging idea, plus the wide arms are great for a cup of tea or other drink to go on.

A* from me!

Glad you like the wide arms. There 220mm wide so a plate, glass of wine or lady friend can easily be placed on it.
I am saving for a load of Teak at the moment as I want to create a range in the same style, extending the wide arm's idea in to a low table with a slated top.
I'm currently making a 1:10 scale model of the designs for the Pub that may be buying a load of furniture so will keep you all updated.

wizer":1q2dkmk4 said:
No it's not in there. Have you posted it on either FWW.com or Lumberjocks?

Lumberjocks, that's the one. Couldn't find a UK based Woodwork Web site so joined that. Not sure the Americans and the Brits have the same ideas and views of Timber so here I am.

wizer":2w22ebz8 said:
hehe I was certain I'd seen it.

I am a bit paranoid that some big company will just bang out my designs in China and sell them through a big store over here and I'll never get my hands on this.
4070315504_1f4c681e0e_o.jpg

Another very nice design. :)

Yes, you've got to have wide arms, I do like that! :) Otherwise, if they're too skinny and you can't rest your arms on them, what's the point?! :D

Mreagleeyes":39plvi78 said:
Not sure the Americans and the Brits have the same ideas and views of Timber so here I am.

Timber, safety, the English language... Yep, that list can go on!! :D :wink:

I know where you're coming from. But if you want to get your name about, you've got to show your work. I don't see any other way around it.

Like it!

Came across it on LumberJocks and thought it was a cleaver design...

Fulham used to be my neck of the woods, Lotts road... and getting kicked out of Come the Revolution on a friday night, great days...

Sure you have some interesting customers being based in sw london!!

Back