Bristol new boy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenf

Established Member
Reaction score
'Afternoon all, I have finally done it. I have been reading this forum daily at work for the last 2 years or so, and gained a lot of knowledge from it. Everytime I thought I could contribute, some-one beat me to the response I would have made, so somehow I never registered. Now I have.

My interest in woodworking started in earnest when I first came across Norm on Sky TV. His method of breaking projects down into simple stages and his demonstration of techniques withou showmanship enthused me.

In the 90's I needed some driveway gates, so I made them against bthe pattern of the original 1920's ones stashed rotting in the garden. No nails or screws except to fix the hinges. They are still hanging.

That Christmas my son bought me a Clarke 10" tablesaw and it served me well (apart from the fence) for many projects until last year. Over the years I have amassed a thicknesser, planer/jointer, router, drill press, jigsaw, mitre saw, etc. I treated myself to a SIP 10" 01332 tablesaw last Christmas.

I have since made further gates, a large greenhouse with stable door, several small footstools, bird whirligigs, headboard, oak garden table, fir surround, baseball display shelf unit (for my boss - for money)etc. I have a list of future projects but no time!

That's my woodworking life story. Sorry to bore you with a long first post. I will keep posts shorter in future and try to join in. I'll leave griping until later.

Welcome Ken, I'm afraid without pics it didn't happen :D :wink:

It sounds that your well aware of the slope :D

PS... after you posted a couple of times the spam catcher will let you post some pics. :lol: So I'm sure everyone including myself will look forward to being nosey having a poke around your workshop. :D

Welcome to the forum, Ken - good to have another "local" on board! :D

Mike, it's like opening a tube of Pringles (or, your wallet)... Once you pop, you just can't stop!! :wink: :)

Welcome Ken,

I know what you mean about not getting in quick enough with the answers, there are a lot of very knowledgable people here.

I'm in Bristol too, might bump into you at the Circus :roll:

Sean

Back