Box Frames and Sashes Book???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormer1940

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for a reference book on making box frames and sashes. Could anyone recommend a decent book please.

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick
The best text books for this are out of print but still available second hand. I think the best are Riley's Manual of Carpentry and Joinery. Published by McMillan & Co.
Or the more modern Carpentry & Joinery by R Bayliss from Hutchinson Educational Ltd 1963 ISBN 0 09 097930 3
If you just need a modern take using today's machinery etc I had an article in Good Woodworking about five years ago which the cheeky toe rags have recently republished without any payment to me. It may be that someone reading this will have a copy to lend. If you don't have any luck please send me a private message and I will see what I can find. To help.
Best of luck with the project
Mike.

Hi Nick
The grey cells have just made some effort to work. I omitted to mention that the magazine altered my drawings and made a nonsense of them so you will need to contact me if you manage to get a copy of the article, and I will sort out the correct drawings.
Regards
Mike.

Get hold of a copy of Carpentry and Joinery book 2 by Peter Brett. The section on windows will explain easily what to do. It's essential reading for our apprentices

Porter and Rose books are good read to and as they used to be what colleges used for C&G and NVQ lot of copies available 2nd hand

Thanks guys I have ordered 2 more books and Mike has been kind enough to help with some more referencing material. ComfortablyNumb i'll take a look at that page on Monday. Thanks again

Back