bought a square

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
I have just bought one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfcraft-5205 ... rsal+angle

Even though I have lots of squares including an accurate engineer's one.
The incremental holes were the attraction, as I'm doing a fair bit of joinery recently

It's quite good and adjustable if need be. (it was bang on out of box, against my calibrated square)
Anyone building kitchen cabinets would find it very useful for marking up where the hinges etc go.

Got one a few years ago, under £10 I think on eBay. Use it quite often, OK for my level of woodwork......

lurker":107hewpn said:
It's quite good and adjustable if need be. (it was bang on out of box, against my calibrated square)
Does your experience of accuracy also include that plastic thing, even after removing it regularly?

I mainly use this square for my glass hobby as the plastic thing Aids hooking around the glass sheet.
But I have had no issues with it at all.
As a general square it doesn't get a lot of work, as I have other squares I tend to use for that.

I regularly do the "flip over" thing against a bit of melamine coated board to check for square and have had no movement (away from square).

I've had one for a couple of years now, it gets used a lot.
Not engineering thousandths of an inch accurate of course, but for that money, it does a good job.

mathias":3cb5cgpv said:
lurker":3cb5cgpv said:
Does your experience of accuracy also include that plastic thing, even after removing it regularly?

Just re read this.
Why would you want to remove the plastic thing (reference edge)?
Only time it needs touching at all is to readjust if it drops out of square.

Thanks for your responses.

Why take it of? To use some of the built in features it has to come of though I'm not yet sure I will ever use theme....

Untill this post, I never even realised the plastic edge could come off. I've certainly never need to remove it.

Latest posts

Back