bosch table saw gts10 problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lark

Established Member
Reaction score
i come to turn the table saw on today and it did not sound right so i stopped it right away

blew some dust out and then tried again

i was looking side on this time to i could see the motor part and its sparky and smells bad... so stopped it right away again so does not fully break

is this big problem or any ideas...

i did do the 3 year warranty on it as well whats should be still on it

Didn't someone else on here have a GTS10 that blew up recently?

I think you're right Tom - and the problem sounds the same too. Can't remember who it was though....

Cheers

Karl

Could be a couple of things, first of all have you ever replaced the brushes on this machine? That's one possibility but another is that the armature has worn down causing it to bounce around, causing excessive brush spark.

Try and feel if there's any slop or play on the the motor shaft, try turning it by hand to see if you can feel for any grooves in it, unplug the machine of course.

Danny

nothings been replaced on it. i am diy..... does not get every day use, some times not even used for few months.

never opened it up before. nor know much about what i would be doing to check things.

thanks for the replies guess better to ring them up get them to look at it if counts under warranty

slightly off topic but how does the brake operate on a table saw? Is it serviceable? I only ask because the brake is working intermittently on my t/s.

its not fast to slow it down compared to say the festool csaw what stops very fast. good 5 seconds or more to stop

they have come and collected it so now waiting to see what they say and weather covered by warranty i guess

Back