Bosch POF 600 ACE / GOF 900 ACE / GOF 1300 ACE - Routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
Bosch POF 600 ACE / GOF 900 ACE / GOF 1300 ACE - Routers

I own the following Bosch routers
GOF 1300 ACE
POF 600 ACE

I like the 600 as its nice light and perfect for just simple rounding over edges, I hardly take the roundover bit out of the router.

The 1300 I use for anything else, is powerful for rebating hinges, door locks, flush trimming, but heavy

I now need a router for permanent placement in my router lift, and was thinking of putting the 1300 in the lift and buy the lighter 900 for most of my handwork, as it’s lighter and still will take all my guide bushes (needed for rebating hinges etc)

Question
Is the 1300 good enough for in the table

And is the 900 strong / light enough for all the other jobs

Thanks

Evening Chris,
I've had the GOF900 for about ten years and it has been well used. It powers through door hinges, is light enough to use on edge for trimming worktop laminate edges and even with the chip guard in place, it is easy to see the cutter.
There are two things that could be better,
The dust collection is barely adequate (I don't bother now, just as easy to clean up as to constantly stop the machine to remove blockages).
The proprietary guide brush set up need some fiddling around with when you put the individual brushes in, but once set they're fine.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to you for small work.

HTH
Kieran

Hi Chris

Some time ago when I was researching routers for the router table I looked at Bosch but was advised at the time that the one big fault on otherwise excellent machines was that the fine adjuster on the plunge still operated even when the plunge lock was on, meaning that the bit height could move under load and or vibration. Not sure after all this time of the models concerned but you can check this on your machine by plunging the router and locking off, then operate the fine height adjuster if the cutter still moves even with the lock on you may have the same problem. I don't know for certain that this is an issue in real terms but it was enough to put me off at the time. I have subsequently bought a GOF1400 which is the fixed base / plunge combo and that has performed faultlessly both in a table and freehand.

Cheers

Richard

Back