Bosch GCM 12 GDL

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryS.

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m seriously considering buying one of these as the online reviews look great, plus it would be really space efficient (single garage workshop).

Has anyone got one or tried one? If so what do you think ?
https://youtu.be/pXs8pSii8LM
Thanks

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's quite a big beast, but a pleasure to use. You will not be disappointed. The laser is a bit iffy, but everything else about it is superb.
Spring for the fold-down cart while you are at it. It'll hurt, but not for long :)

Brilliant thanks both, and AJT your review is excellent. I’ll skip the trolley as the plan is for it in a run of bench and cabinets as a fixed article

Now to press the button, which still needs some final self convincing, Amazon have it for 639 which seems to be the best around

This was my first mitre saw of any kind when purchased 12 months ago (with the gravity rise trolley) - and I’ve found using it great. It’s fairly heavy, so perfect for a fixed station (or on the trolley). Dust collection isn’t perfect but there are various hacks to improve that (Dan Pattison on YouTube as just one example). I agree with the laser comment, outdoors you can’t see it easily at all. But overall, press that button, it’s a very productive & accurate tool. Enjoy yourself !

Bought this recently after good reviews both here and on the tube
Big big machine, heavy and - for me - awkward to move around
However, a small footprint; it is fitted permanent on a specially made work-bench

The angled exhaust pipe was removed, see Patinson video at 9 minutes

Bevel adjustment made like HERE -- all else spot on including Laser

Glad I bought it, blade is very good, motor is much quieter than the Metabo mitre saw 216 that it replaces; dust extraction is better too
The Metabo btw cut very accurate, especially with the red Freud blade

Looking forward to using it

Cheers Cordy,yet more reasons to buy one. The small footprint is the critical part for me as I’m in a single car garage so the depth of the saw is key.

For now I’ll mount it on a mobile cart I built for my previous saw which was too big, and then eventually I’m thinking into a long run of cabinets / bench.

Paul wrote -- as I’m in a single car garage...
Aren't we all :D

Made this table LOOK which is flush up to the wall

As a wood stop - for repeat at the same length stuff - I will clamp a block on the fence of adjacent Whitehead Junior planer
The Metabo was too big for the Kreg table on account of the sliding bars

The Bosch is a Tardis :wink:

Back