Bootsale: Spring has sprung.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scouse":41o2d9fu said:
The bootsale was overshadowed by a new arrival on Sunday though... here's a clue, I'll do a separate thread this week

7b17764a-54ac-4f38-aff7-84b907f6e11e_zps5fb6b14a.jpg

Come on Scouse, stop teasing us with more mystery logos!

I don't think it's a Footprint - maybe a handprint? or the Iron Chicken from the Clangers? Do tell!

Scouse":ww8cyu4r said:
The bootsale was overshadowed by a new arrival on Sunday though... here's a clue, I'll do a separate thread this week

7b17764a-54ac-4f38-aff7-84b907f6e11e_zps5fb6b14a.jpg

WOW! you have one of those. My God I've been looking for that particular one for at least twenty years. You lucky bug-ger!

Richard T":6j7pj96p said:
Part of a Che Guevara themed bathtub?

It's possible you may be falling under the influence of your avatar picture!

I think the picture I posted may be a bit misleading, the red hand is only just over half an inch tall in real life... In any case it didn't come from a bootsale, so I can't really discuss it here. Actually, I'm not sure which forum to put it in.

The dividers have cleaned up nicely though after half an hour with a wire brush.

Nope, tisn't a pineapple.

It is, however, the physical manifestation of one man's decline into a previously unknown void; the 'twisted' world of electromagnetically inducing relative movement in an air gap between a stator and rotor to produce useful torque. Thanks Wikipedia.

Oh, and it is also an example of how to turn a decline into a swan dive in the most obstinate, difficult and laborious way possible.

Although I think I'm right in saying that if it's got a hand on it, and it has, then it counts as a hand tool, so that's ok then.

Don't you think it's a bit like 'Ask The Family' with Robert Robinson when he used to show a picture of a vacuum cleaner from a funny close-up angle and they had to guess what it was.

Yebbut... Robert Robinson revealed the answers if nobody guessed right!

Your "clue" sounds a bit like an electric motor of some sort... can we have another clue? Pretty please?

"Don't you think it's a bit like 'Ask The Family' with Robert Robinson when he used to show a picture of a vacuum cleaner from a funny close-up angle and they had to guess what it was."

Would that it were Mr. Scouse, would that it were.

So the bit we are seeing is a casting of some sort, diecast/Aluminium not a bathtub apparently and the hand that looks like a Che gesture may be holding something. A handle?

Give that man a prize!

Well half a prize, it's bench mounted.

I've hijacked enough of this thread (sorry Richard) so I'll do a separate one tomorrow, in 'Metalwork' I suppose. Most likely be a bit of a takey-aparty-and-putty-back-togethery type of thing I imagine when I get a minute. Oh, and I might need some help so get your thinking caps on! :mrgreen:

Seems to have a nice long travel .... something I could do with but not optional with the Clarke 'metalworker'.

Are they famous for the long travel - is it a different mechanism?

Once Kent rids itself of the alligators which are now occupying the swamps caused by perhaps the worst weather in my living history (it bloody SNOWED on my birthday for the first time in 56 years!!!)...I will be venturing to the returning land they call the bootfair!

At the moment...even ducks are having a difficult time!

Still..I could always stick what I have in the "penny collection" from the last few years up on FleaBay and get a new shiny telescope...now there's a thought!!! :mrgreen:

(only kidding guys...only kidding!! :wink: )

Jim

Good to see you out of hibernation Jim.

Now that the snow has melted and the sun made a brief appearance this morning, I nearly thought about taking one of my sou'westers off.

Hi, Chaps

Fitted my new axe handle to my 50p Elwell axe head and photoed my collection.

They is nice and sharp :D

Elwell
Hultafors
Elwell
Unnamed

And the No5 is derusted and painted.

It needs a Record blade its got a Stanley in at the moment, I have one somewhere but probably a 70's one, the stayset cap is very thick, I need to compare it to my other one. The tote repair came out very well I can hardly see the join.

Pete

Hi, Chaps

Plane update, I started the tuning by filing the frog.

DSC_1525.JPG

Have you seen a worse one!

Pete

Attachments

• DSC_1525.JPG
    DSC_1525.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 668
Racers":196210ce said:
Hi, Chaps

Fitted my new axe handle to my 50p Elwell axe head and photoed my collection.

Good looking handle on the big axe - what brand is it?

There's some right terrible looking rubbish axe handles about these days, and some of them don't even have the grace to be cheap!

BugBear

Back