Bookcase pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Fat Pig

Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings fellow woodtypes, i am in need of some help with finding some pictures of a pair of bookcases i saw posted on here a while back, but can`t for the life of me remember where.
The bookcases were in oak, and fitted into the alcoves either side of a chimney breast. They had cupboards in the bottom half, and the tops were illuminated by downlights built into the top piece of the unit. They also looked really nice.There was also a shelving unit/bookcase set flush against an adjacent wall in the room, and the house looked like it was possibly quite a large Georgian/Edwardian type.
Can`t recall who posted the pics i`m afraid but any help in locating them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Piggy

big soft moose":3kcmvfp1 said:
wus it these (finished pics are on page 5) https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... e&start=60

originally posted by "brad naylor" - though i think he was "dan tovey" at that point, or maybe "the alchemist" I get confused :D

Don't look much like oak to me!!! :D

I think maybe these from MoreToolsPlease are the ones. I have them in the scrapbook cos they are a favourite of mine :)

Dave

Dave, those are indeed the pictures i am seeking, many thanks for your help. I am building something similar and needed some inspiration for a couple of details.
Moose, thanks for your reply too although as dave pointed out, there was more than a hint of MDF and not too much in the way of oak, but nevertheless, one can always gain something from seeing others work.
Sorry for the delay in thanking you guys but another project demande attention whilst we had some dry weekend weather. So i`ve now got a lovely solid oak front door, the best in the street in my humble and modest opinion. :)

Thanks again.

Piggy

Back