BMW Mini Idea for Toy Car - WIP - Plans Done - More Pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barry ,,,great bit of scrolling on the sleighs and it really shows off the the advantage of good finishing . Well done

They are lovely Barry and thank you for the advice,

Cheers MMUK

Anybody who wants the plans FOC, just PM an email address and i'll email them over.

We could end up with ukworkshops first online Garage - Lol

It'll be the first modern mini I ever worked on. I spent 25 years doing work on MOT failures and never touched one, though that's probably more to do with the people I know that the quality of the car. :mrgreen:

Just an update, and cannot say much more than this but I am in conversation with a certain website that sells plans for toys.

And how are you guys getting on with the plans? cannot wait to see some mini's from the community.

" Show me your mini " yeah I know sorry but could not resist it.... LOL

toesy, I began cutting the mini yesterday but I used some 18mm ply for the body - it was like cutting rock! It was old stuff taken from some scrapped furniture and I reckon it would have made a great bench instead if I'd had enough. I eventually got it cut and then messed it up by burning it on the sander. I think I need a new belt for the sander so I can clean it up again, or find some pine and start again.

Thanks for the kid offer, toesy, but I will manage. In fact I need to get my missus to take me for some plastic pipe so we might make a trip to B&Q tomorrow as it's discount day for us young 'un's.

If I had taken up all the incredible offers of having wood sent to me from users in here, I'd be able to open a woodyard. I love this forum. :)

Hi tosey,

Thanks for the plans of your mini. Thought I'd put some WIP pictures up. My little girl is going to love playing with this! She is not really a girly girl! Likes her cars and trucks!
I only have an old demel scroll saw so the thicker parts I've done on my band saw. Hope that's not a swear word in this forum!! Ha ha.
Regards
John

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 327
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 327
Well done, that's brilliant!

Its awesome to see something actually made from my plans, and its a first, your the first, maybe we should number them UKmini0001 :)

Cannot wait to see the final result... please let us know

thats looking brilliant john, i wish i could find the time to cut mine ATM, got the plans ready but the cabin is upside down as i'm selling off loads of tools and my lathe and i still have orders coming in, get there shortly (fingers crossed)

Back