Bizarre behaviour by UBS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Just received two redirected letters from my old address welcoming me to EquatePlus. Part of the UBS Corporate Employee Financial Services website. Now I have not asked for this account to be set up. So curious I log in. You never know if they've done this without my knowledge or authorisation they might have put the odd million or so in my account :lol:

Discover that it is part of Lucent. Well the company I used to work for got taken over by Lucent...what..ooh...must be nearly 10 years ago. Nothing in the account either :cry:

Lots of expensive call centres to contact. Alternative is to go through their hoops coming up with three security questions, different password, no you can't use that one because...no you can't use that one either because....finally provide enough information to satisfy 'the computer says No' and I can now send an email.

Decide to change my address details since I can see this problem running on a while. But I can't. I have to contact my HR department. Que?

So I send a nice polite email asking them to delete my account and details.

This is an extract of what I received

As you know, Lucent Technologies and Alcatel has entered into a merger agreement to create Alcatel-Lucent.

No..actually I didn't nor do I care.

Please read carefully the information you received in December 2006 from your Lucent Human Resources.
Umm...actually no...I didn't receive anything from Lucent Human Resources in December. Not being an employee I'm not that surprised.

Please be informed that we are not allowed to delete any accounts due to regulation reasons.

So it's perfectly all right for them to open an account in my name then, ask me all sorts of personal questions to progress through their website to find out what it's all about but not all right to delete my details :evil:

So have asked for their formal complaints procedure to be invoked and/or the Swiss equivalent of our FSA. It will get resolved but a real pain in the ....

Just how long do they keep records.
A friend, who cancelled his account with NTL two years ago, received a letter from them demanding £8.40 for admin.costs because he didn't have a direct debit with them to pay his account.
He reciprocated and sent them a bill for double the amount because they didn't have an account with his company. Funny he hasn't heard back

Back