Biscuit joining question.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SP I managed to measure it today, at the spindle its almost nothing, but by the time you get to the blade tips it is 1 to 1.5 mm. I will get on to Axminster tomorrow as that amout is unacceptable.

Bean

I use a DeWalt jointer and Porter Cable biscuits. Always a very tight fit - some needing a little extra persuasion. Which reminds me, I must get some more as they're running out...

Hi,

I have just registered. I have noticed that ebay has some biscuits for sale. Some are cheap and some are damn expensive. 99p for 100 is cheap, I believe. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLAT-WOOD-DOWEL-J ... dZViewItem
Are some of you saying that tanseli are good? I can see that name on the biscuits for sale?
Anyway, better go now. work time :(

bye

what about £1 for a box of a 1000 fruad no 0 biccys at a car boot :D beep beep

frank

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum. :D

andy12345":10flkrx5 said:
99p for 100 is cheap,

But you need to look at the postage, unless you can collect these will cost £4 in postage. :shock:

Hello Dave and everyone else.

I suppose the boot sale freud biscuits are definitely ill-obtained. :wink: I am not sure which biscuits are the best. I hope that most of the forum members can share their opinions if possible. Is a dry snug fit important so as to ensure that none fall out whilst precariously balancing materials to be joined?

hehe.

bye

Andy,

I have not used many different makes of biscuit. I think most of mine came from Screwfix.
As you say they should be a snug fit, but the biscuits are designed to expand when water base glue is applied to ensure that the joint is correctly aligned.
So I keep my biscuits in glass screw top jars to stop then absorbing moister from the air.

Back