Birthday Gloat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnimble

Established Member
Reaction score
UPS showed up with my belated birthday pressies this afternoon, so I took a picture along with my already received pressies:

skew_rebate_001.jpg

:D :D

Namely: Pair of Veritas skew rebate planes, the flat and round bottom spoke shave, a matching left hand for my stainless steel edge plane (which I use very often), their scraper plane, plane screw driver, the mortice cutter set for my Veritas marking gauge. A new Ron Hock blade for my wonderful little Stanley no 3, a fe detail rifflers, a Kirchen (I beleive you all call them two cherries :) ) mallet and chisel set, and a Pro Tool forstner bit (these are really great).

And something else is on its way too! My mom got me (though I had to help placing the order and so) a J... no I'm gonna keep that a secret for now.

I haven't had the change to play with the skew rebates since I was latisch home from work.

YOU WIN! :D

Nice Haul, I have been considering the scraper plane. I have also eyed up those spokes. Let us know how you get on.

Now that is a serious haul - hope you enjoy. Those skew planes look like a great bit of kit.

Cheers

Karl

Hi WiZeR If you want to try the scraper plane you are welcome to give mine a go when you are next in the vicinity.

Tnimble said:
My mom got me (though I had to help placing the order and so) a J... no I'm gonna keep that a secret for now.

A J??????

Junior hacksaw?
Japanese saw?
Japanese plane?
Jethro Tull album?
Jockstrap?
Jeremy Clarkson's Autobiography?
Jaycloth to clean up after yourself?

Go on.........I give up? Give us another clue!

Mike Garnham":11aa8vyg said:
Go on.........I give up? Give us another clue!

None of the above. J.............
One of the characters is a space.
There are 4 threads on this forum about 'the thing'

Hi Tom I was not aware it was a compo?

Adem, we're all brothsters

And yes it are a lot of tools. Certainly not every year this is. This year I went 31 which is the 32th birthday, next up will be 63 and 127 :shock: (we're a bit daft about birthdays, my father was born December the 5th which is a national holiday celebrating the death of Saint Nicholas of Myra which is on the 6th)

TheTiddles":2zke5tw4 said:
I think he's compensating for something...

Aidan
Size of my :roll: workshop? Its only 6.5' x 9.8'. I seriously need to build a few storage boxed and tool cabinet now.

Oh, and the skew rebates are a pressie to myself by the way

I'll have to borrow them one day, Dave..........mine were all on cassettes (remember them?!) and have been chewed up by various car stereos. Ho hum.

Latest posts

Back