Birthday box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattty

Established Member
Reaction score
It's my beloved's birthday and inspired by Mr C's thread ( http://www.woodworkuk.co.uk/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=4455 ) about David Lloyds boxes i made her this yesterday in between installing new 1 ton bandsaw :shock:

Ripple Sycamore, English Elm and Cedar of Lebanon base. The pegs are Walnut. All made with the Domino, base sat in a groove and the pegs added for effect. About 4 hours work and 3 coats of Oil, (if she asks i've been working on it for weeks :lol: ).
DSCF3274.JPG

DSCF3276.JPG

DSCF3280.JPG

That should get me a pass to a night out with the boys :lol:[/url]

I was just viewing this at work in the office and mate was looking over my shoulder......... he said - "Why hasn't he planed the front edge?" :roll:

Nice looking box. I like the walnut pegs. 8)

Nice one Matty - I like the way that the waney edge doubles as the lid pull.

Cheers

Karl

Doug B":37tinrwr said:
That`s one nice box ya smooth talking basturd, big browine points

:lol: :lol:

Many people have commented on my good ladys box and it's greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Love it Matty. I wish I'd gone that route with my wife's JBox. Mine was supposed to be done early Feb :shock: :lol:

TrimTheKing":wqxc10yj said:
Nice Matt

Stick something next to it so I can get an idea of scale.

It fits an A4 book in with 20mm each way extra.

Thanks mate

WoodAddict":1vkah59t said:
I was just viewing this at work in the office and mate was looking over my shoulder......... he said - "Why hasn't he planed the front edge?" :roll:

New i'd forgotten something :lol:
LOL thanks Mate.

Back