birch ply stockists ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wuffles":3qhpe1dw said:
Imagine trying to offer help to someone who appears to have you on ignore. I'm only guessing as he's responding to everyone else.

I'll keep my birch ply off cuts in Somerset to myself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that is the case I'm sure your posts have just been overlooked. :roll:

Or

Some people are just very secretive about where they live. :D

Mick

I gave some sage advice in another thread regarding routers that was overlooked.

I gave some advice in another thread where he was getting "snippy" with other people that he took offence to I expect.

I'll leave it.

Wuffles":28npb1yc said:
I gave some sage advice in another thread regarding routers that was overlooked.

I gave some advice in another thread where he was getting "snippy" with other people that he took offence to I expect.

I'll leave it.

Wuffles
Yes I know how you feel ( Courtesy cost nothing ) But that aside, this is quite a good woodworking forum so one has
to put up with it
Timber

johnny":73tkc2tc said:
thanks niagra that looked like it might be a great solution until I saw the prices

Don't know what you were thinking you'd pay for birch ply but 73 quid for an 8x4 sheet of 18mm is perfectly reasonable, that's over 20 quid cheaper than my local stockist.

well I have finally found some Birch faced ply in 4mm, 6mm 9mm & 12mm :D only 3 miles from my doorstep !

Thank you everyone for all your advice and suggestions .... I can now announce the winner.... who is......... Dusty ! :wink:

Thank you Dusty for suggesting Yandles who turned out to have a huge stock of all the sizes and finishes that I need.

Yep, Avon ply do. They also do white melamine coated birch ply and they will cut for you.

I ordered two sheets of 18mm birch ply at my local supplier. I got the in-drawn whistle, which usually means, 'Blimey mate, that's gonna cost!'
£50.00 a sheet! Can't say I think it's over the top. TBH. The quality is excellent, and so far no voids. Not complaining, until the VAT goes up next year.

its outrgeous isn't it. it just doesn't make financial sense anymore to make some items because you could never recoup the outlay let alone make a living .
Ijust could kick myself for all the timber that I've taken down the local recycling depot over the years

Latest posts

Back