BIG THANKS ( problems Axminster AWVSL1000 Woodturning Lathe)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john_doe

Reaction score
I 've solved the problem with my AWSL 1000 it's now back to it's full fighting glory. I couldn't have done this with out the excellent advise and help given to me by this forum members. Thanks everybody and I am looking forward to trying to help others in the future

Hey Blister, its not a secret I followed the instructions of NikNak (see below) and it now purrs, got to admit I've been greasing the shafts but haven't given it a proper cleaning since I bought it. From now on I will take proper care of it.

"I didn't tighten any nut or what ever... i recall i took the pulley/motor shroud off, gave the insides a damn good hoover and clean out. Very lightly lubed the shaft(s) but making sure you get NONE on the pulley or belts..!!! Hit the go button and give the speed lever a swivel and away it went again.... sorted."

Use Rocol dry ptfe or WD40 Dry ptfe on shafts, do not use grease or oil.

Chris1965":2h45uhzh said:
Use Rocol dry ptfe or WD40 Dry ptfe on shafts, do not use grease or oil.

Agreed Dry PTFE for the headstock mechanism, and obviously it will do no harm on the motor shaft but the design of the motor shaft incorporates a greasing point to load the hollow centre with a light application of grease that leaches out with warmth and centrifugal force to keep the motor pulley lubricated.

Latest posts

Back