Big bird

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycktm

Established Member
Reaction score
I was washing the car at tea time (5ish) when i heard a lowish powerful
aircraft approaching. The thing was a lot lower than most aircraft and was just cruising (strange)
It was a big beast in fact it says on the web what i've just seen is the worlds largest aircraft!!!
Not bad for west yorkshire!

If that's the Russian thingy then it did a fly past at one of the Biggin Hill Air Shows a few years back. Went right over my house at very low altitude; it was absolutely hugemongous. We were gobsmacked. :shock:

The pub at the end of the runway in Farnborough has a picture of it coming in to land flyinh just over the pub.
The plane makes the pub look tiny!

Once when I was in the pub an Airbus landed and flew so low over the pub the draft from it's wings blew the outside door shut!

I remember when I was doing my gliding scholarship with the Air Cadets and RAF Sealand near Chester. The Airbus beluga came within a few thousand feet of me whilst I was 900feet above the airfield on my solo flight as it was on approach to Broughton!

airbus-beluga.jpg

Scared the living bejeesus out of me! :shock: I can still remember the damned things shadow falling across my cockpit!

Back