Best bandsaw blades for exotic hardwoods

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using Hakansson silco blades for years but they are impossible to buy in France and expensive to get shipped from the uk (or Sweden!), so I was wondering if anyone would recommend an alternative brand.

I cut a variety of exotic hardwood for an average 1 - 2 hours per day, normally around 40mm - 50mm thick. As I need to cut fairly small radius circles the blades I use are 112 x 3/8, 3tpi and last 2 - 3 weeks before breaking at the join, by which time they are pretty dull anyway. One thing I like about the silco blades is the fact I can feel when the join is starting to crack and have time to stop the machine before it lets go - when I bought some different blades in an emergency I found they cut well for 1 - 2 days before dulling, and then cut badly for 1 week before going with a bang.

Hi. Although I can't help you, there are a few members here that also live in France. Might be worth sending a private message when you find someone and asking them where they get their blades from. :)

Latest posts

Back