Bench grinders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickfb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Looking at getting a better bench grinder. Have a cheap and cheerful 6in at moment. My question which is best a 6in or 8in wheels.

Ta

Mick

IMO 8", simply because they last so much longer. :wink:

I would highly recommend the Creusen slow speed grinder, i splashed out after getting into all sorts of trouble with my old grinder, though this was probably due to the stone on it than the grinder (and of course user error!!). Don't be fooled by the 'slow speed' it's anything but slow and you can still blue the ends if your not careful!

I to have the Creusen slow speed grinder, and I swear by it great machine and yes expensive but worth every penny I purchased mine about ten years ago and I'm still using the same wheels but I dont use it for scrappers

Thank you fellow turners :)

I have looked at the Creusen grinders, a bit to rich for me at the moment. I am looking at the Record 8 inch wheel. I know that there are mixed views about it but it is my price range.

Don't quote me on this, but I've got a feeling that somebody told me a while back that it's difficult to get alternative replacement wheels for both the Record and the Axy slow speed.

Something to do with the bore on the Record and the width on the Axy? :?

Latest posts

Back