Bench grinder with 40mm stones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_h

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new bench grinder with both stones being 40mm wide by 150mm diameter. I particularly like the Creusen slow speed model but am struggling to justify the high asking price (although I've no doubt it is a quality product). Does anyone know of any other models that have two 40mm wide stones (I'm not fussed on the slow running)?

Thanks

Mark

I've just ordered the Creusen, should get it tomorrow, got £45 off.

I think Axminster have a range with 40mm stones.

Thanks Gary - please let me know what you think of the Creusen, plus how did you get a discount? I keep an eye out for special offers but they don't seem to crop up for me.

Mark

Axminster have it on offer at the moment or any other Brimac stockist.

Thanks for the tip off Gary. Just checked their website and have placed an order for a Creusen - that was just the kind of special offer I was looking for.

I was in the Axminster shop in Nuneaton about a week ago and they were not on offer in the shop, nor in the Top Tools leaflet that landed on my mat a couple of days ago. I wasn't impressed enough by the own brand grinders they had in the shop to buy one, and I'm glad I waited!

It's a great shop though; just a shame other members of the family don't find it so enjoyable.

Mark

Mine arrived today, seems a good bit of kit. Almost silent and no vibration when running.

I have the slow grind Creusen,dare i say i bought it from Blister,and it is a great grinder for my turning tools :D
Set up with the Tormek BJM 100 on both wheels.
I will replace the white stones though with ruby ones when they wear down enough to replace. :D

Back