Bench Drills

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryharris

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im looking to purchase a bench drill, limited budget. I noticed these 3 drills...

1. Titan (from Screwfix) - 16mm drill / 500w motor / 50mm drill depth - £49
2. Scheppach 300w Radial Arm Drill, 13mm chuck - £150
3. Fox 33" Bench Drill With Laser, 16mm chuck, 500w - £150

Any others recommended?

The Titan drill depth seems very limited but its only £50?

Have you considered a second hand, quality machine? Might well serve you better in the long run, and almost anything you get 2nd hand will have much better depth than the 2" (50mm) of your first listed option.

A lot are 3 phase, but single phase machines are also prevalent. Typically drills from companies like Fobco, Meddings, Elliott Progress are frequently available around your price bracket - check eBay, the local classifieds and maybe local woodworking or metalworking dealers.

TT

Thanks for the reply, do you not rate the Scheppach 300w Radial Arm Drill??? I have looked on ebay and Im watching a couple of drills but a bench mount as opposed to full floor would be pref due to limited space. Most of the decent ones on ebay are the full size pillar drills

Have you considered This one from APTC. Seems to have a reasonable spec for the price. Considering the same for my workshop.

Don't know anything about the Scheppach, but from what I understand cheap radial arm drills are often difficult to set up and maintain accuracy.

Cheers :D
Tony

Back