Bedside cabinet, first project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanybaby

Established Member
Reaction score
Well this is my first post and i have been surfing the forum for a few hours now. Just have to say it's a really great site and community :D

This is the first piece of furniture i have made from pine with yew knobs.

Im at college on a furniture production course and gained a distinction for it :D
I also do a little turning, which i started last November.
Hope you like

Welcome to the forum

You were nicked by the spamulator. Here it is.

Very nice =D>

Oh yes, this is my sort of work. Well done indeed! What drawer runners have you used and how was the door made up, what finish did you use too. I want to know all the gory details. :)

I finished it with danish oil, door joints were haunched mortice and tennons, with the panel routerd out. What do you mean by drawer runners? The draw has standard dovetails with plywood bottom and just slides in. The rails at the top were also dovetailed into sides. The project was basically to help us to get used to hand tools.

Very nice. Did you hand cut the dove tails? The drawer appears to fit very well, often difficult when you are just starting out.

Welcome aboard, will look forward to seeing your next project.

Paul

That's a great first project seanybaby! :D

...and welcome to the forum!

Cheers

Lovely project. Have you any photos with the door and drawer open? I always like to take a peek inside as it gives a good idea of the construction.

Cheers, Ted

Hi there,Seanybaby

Firstly,welcome to the forum :D

Secondly,very nice piece of furniture.

Andrew

Hello Seanybaby.Welcome.
That's a lovely looking bedside cabinet.Well done. :D
Hope to see some of your turnings on the woodturning section. :wink:
Paul.J.

Like this one - could do with building myself a pair along those lines sometime...

Seanybaby

Welcome. Thats a very nice cabinet. I have recently made a couple and they are very satisfying. But don't think you can get away with just posting the finished article. The folks around these parts demand ALL the details (with pictures). :D

Well done.

Bob

Very nice piece of work. As others have already said, would like to see more photos.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum
Nice job, and as others have said, it would be nice to see more pics.
Don't worry if you didn't dovetail the drawer! 8)

Thing is though, how did you get a picture in your post?
I don't seem to be able to copy and paste jpg's!
My image host doesn't work either.

Arrrghhhh.
As I said, nice cabinet and just what I need for my bedroom!

John

A really nice first project. Lovely looking joints. Puts my first effort in the shade somewhat!
Welcome to the forum.

Back