Bedroom Panels & stuff

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul555

Established Member
Reaction score
Not so much the last thing I made, more the end of a lengthy project to try and re-vamp a tired old bedroom. My skill set doesn't come close to most of you guys on here so I thought I'd have go and if it went wrong I could always call it "rustic charm"

The wall behind the headboard was wasn't flat, nor was it in particularly good condition...hence my first attempt at panelling. Some 3x2 fastened to the wall then topped off with 3 sheets of 12mm mdf seemed to sort the flatness issue and there was no flexing.
Some 4x1 screwed in place to cover the vertical joints and then a bit of careful cutting of the horizontal bits to make the panels. Minimal sanding with a small delta sander and it was good for paint.

The 2 side units were modern looking things...all I did was paint them to match the panels, add some old iron handles and replaced the tops with some ancient oak floorboards I had lying around.

I made the bed many months ago using thick pine posts and rails from somewhere like Wickes and just bolted the frame together with 8mm coach bolts, then used those old oak floorboards and a bit of black iron for the head & foot board.

All I need now is an Irish Wolf Hound and a sultry wench....

Attachments

• bare wall1.jpg
    bare wall1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
  • room4.jpg
    room4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220930_165522.jpg
    20220930_165522.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
The only way to learn is by doing which has given you a good looking wall. If a wall is not flat then I would have spaced out some battens to overcome it providing it was not excessive, something you see all the time with modern building standards.

Looks great - as does the bed. Have a look at DIY Wife on YT - she panelled a room a couple of weeks ago, incorporating a door.

Back