BBQ room/gazebo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Being new to this forum, it would appear that my photos are being picked up as spam, but here goes anyway!

I started this BBQ area a few months ago, but having to fit it around my regular work means that whilst the main construction is now complete, I still need to brick pave the floor, wire sockets and lights and also build a brick built BBQ and brick bread/pizza oven to the rear.

The main construction measures 3600mm x 3600mm x 2100mm to the eaves beam. The rear Isle measures 3600mm wide x 1800mm deep. Overall height is 4000mm The main posts are 220mm x 220mm and eaves beams are 175mm x 175mm. Trunnels (dowels) are 25mm. The main frame is of English Oak, with 125mm x 47mm softwood rafters

All work has been carried out by myself, and the approx cost of all materials to date including timber, concrete and tiles is £1,5000

gazebo1260109.jpg

use1-3.jpg

DSCF8466.jpg

touse.jpg

P1020303.jpg

That is great work Eddie. Are you a joiner by trade? Dont you just love those hipped roofs? I love building them as they are such a challenge. I have built a few hot tub gazebos in the past not to mention summer houses and sheds so have built a few roofs too. I love this sort of work. That is a very nice job. :D

Thanks for the positive replies.

Sadly, I'm not a joiner by trade, but its the one job that I wish I had taken as a foundation for the rest of my work. Doing myself an injustice, I'm a self taught wood butcher! :) I make English Oak framed buildings for a living, and the skills that I have amassed over the years have simply been gained through studying other peoples work, and from books.
I also enjoy the challenge that hip ends can throw up, but sadly, the majority of my work is either gable ended of barn hips.
I also get some kind of weird satisfaction from fitting tile batten! It's somehow very satisfying ensuring that each mitre is without fault. Sadly, it seems to be something that gets badly overlooked by many roofers. But I guess te opinion is that if you can't see it, then it doesn't matter. A philosophy that I don't agree with! :(

Looks ab fab, roof looks the business, Its a true saying that the small details are what make the difference.
Don't you just love Genie lifts, what kind of weight would be in one of those 175 x 175 beams.
Also if you don't mind me asking what kind of cladding is that on the building to the rear, and is that a greeny colour running through the roof slate/tile, ( looks really nice).

Hi Eddie,

Lots of compound bevel cuts there!!!
Looks really nice,and glad to see you used Bonnet tiles on the hips.

Attention to detail is everything in my book,even when you can't see it as you stated.
I can see many a summer evening spent in there with a beer :lol:

Mark.

enecosse":1r8nmd87 said:
Looks ab fab, roof looks the business, Its a true saying that the small details are what make the difference.
Don't you just love Genie lifts, what kind of weight would be in one of those 175 x 175 beams.
Also if you don't mind me asking what kind of cladding is that on the building to the rear, and is that a greeny colour running through the roof slate/tile, ( looks really nice).

Thanks again to everyone for the positive replies, I'm really looking forward to getting it finished and spending as much time as possible chilling out and using it for BBQ's and beer!!. :)

enecosse, the cladding that you see is on the rear of this garage project (set for another thread) It's 200mm x 32 mm clear treated softwood cladding. I have it sawn out locally for me by Mid Sussex Timber. It varies in quality, but it's usually only the odd board that's duff.

Chippyjoe":1r8nmd87 said:
Looks really nice,and glad to see you used Bonnet tiles on the hips.

Thanks Mark, bonnets are well worth the effort. Obviously using slate on the garage below, meant using ridges, but it still looks good.

Superunknown, I live in Crowborough, but am based in Horam.

twobayslaterooftwofullhips.jpg

Back