BBC1 and BBC2 missing on freeview box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this bad weather might be whats giving me agro down here in Devon on my new equipmnet (other thread)

Signal break up.

devonwoody":27nm2zxr said:
So this bad weather might be whats giving me agro down here in Devon on my new equipmnet (other thread)

Signal break up.

Dw - as I mentioned on the phone, you need to find out how to check your signal strength and quality for each channel that is giving problems. It will be in your manual somewhere.

Roger Sinden":1fw4nxq9 said:
devonwoody":1fw4nxq9 said:

Signal break up.

Dw - as I mentioned on the phone, you need to find out how to check your signal strength and quality for each channel that is giving problems. It will be in your manual somewhere.

Signal using aerial lead only to tV 100% excellent

Signal using aerial lead to recorder and then to TV bad 57%.

Whether that was a bad weather spell or I need a quality aerial I will have to investigate further when this depression goes through.

Also one of those links above says our transmitter for the next 12 days is playing up (Beacon Hill devon)

DW - is that signal strength or signal quality. Two different parameters.

Get a coax barrel (used to join two leads together) and connect the aerial lead into the aerial lead between recorder and Tv (in other words take the recorder out of the equation). Look again at signal level again. If back down at 57% or so then plug just the aerial lead back into the Tv and recheck. If it's back up higher nearer 100% then it's your intermediate aerial lead so go and treat yourself to a proper digital quality aerial lead. If it's still at 57% then it's your transmitter and/or your existing aerial/downlead.

When did you last replace your TV aerial and downlead?

Thanks again Roger, I'm printing that one out and work it as instructed.

BTW my recording set for 10.00 didnt work. its not on my harddrive, trying to use something called epg which looks an easy way to set recording mode as against manual mode (which I can successfully do)

Back