Banksia Nut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roggatismus

Established Member
Reaction score
Just started on my banksia nut after my Dt exam in the workshops

It was erm... interesting. i find that i cant seem to get rid of the soft furry stuff without going in so deep that there is nothing left of it!

how big can they get as im guessing this is a small one? it is about less than a foot long and about four inches in diameter at its thickest point.

the DT exam was ok, except for one question - 'describe three useful properties of quantum tunneling composites'

only after googling it later did i realise that my guesses were correct!

also after turning the nut the floor became really slippery and i had my leather soled smart shoes on so i kept sliding!

cheers

Roger

roggatismus":1vmg6lw2 said:
quantum tunneling composites'

:shock: :shock: Rather you than Me. :wink: :lol:
Thats the first time I've seen those three words together :lol: :lol:

I'd have written for an answer MOLES 8) :lol:

Re: the Banksia Grandis -- that size you describe is at the bigger end of what I've seen... and I stood at a shed door with three tons of them in it, in November last year :lol: ... there were some in that load, getting on for that size, but they were the biggest of the batch... the 'average' ones in there were maybe 8 inches long by about 2 3/4" to 3" dia,
They seem to be the kind of thing that people will try 'once', and not be in any massive hurry to re-visit a second time.

Best of luck with the last of the exams Roger, if you've any more to go.

Take it easy ! 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
Alun

Bin it and turn some wood. If you're limited on time, I wouldn't waste it on this.

Back