Bandsaw Guide Bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Established Member
Reaction score
I was changing the blade on my Record Power BS250 Bandsaw and noticed that two of the bottom bearings were grating and not turning very well, I contacted Record Power the price for one bearing is £4.99 plus postage which came to around £15, the number on the bearing is 626 HGB, does anyone know were I might be able to buy them cheaper.

Carl

Axminster do them here

or you could try a more specific bearing supplier (either local or online) they're easier to find than you might think. Google is your friend:
link

I've bought them from ebay before as well, I'd expect to replace all the guide bearings (well the side ones anyway) for £15.

Carl

You might be interested in the Jarviser's web site

http://www.jarviser.co.uk/

He has a 250 and replaced his guides jamed.
He bought an American replacement.

Mine are still going ok. I need to upgrade the bearing holder because the guides are not parellel to each other.

Michael

Thanks for the info Mark and Michael, the Jarvis website was an interesting read, Jarvis mentioned buying american bearings, what make would they be.

Carl :?

Thanks BeeJay for the reply I have been on the website very easy to find the right bearings, ordered a set of 6 high quality ones £20.21 in total, will be using the company from now on thanks once again.

Carl :)

Back