Bandsaw cutting angle. WoodSter2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N ALBRIGHT

Reaction score
Have just bought this bandsaw. With the eccentric roller in place the cutting angle is off vertical, as per picture. Have now repositioned the roller so that it is away from the blade and the vertical cutting angle is now more or less true. So how important is that roller in relation to the correct setting of the bandsaw please.?
Thanks in advance for any helpful comments.
Nigel

Attachments

• 230516. WoodSter 2 band saw blade angle.1.1.jpg
    230516. WoodSter 2 band saw blade angle.1.1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Thanks, Phil. From your picture it appears that the blade runs around the roller or bearing. In mine, in order to get the correct vertical cutting angle (or as close as I can get it) the roller is completely out of contact with the blade and retracted, sitting behind it, so the blade runs directly off the top wheel, through carbon (?) guides to the cutting table.

The roller behind the blade should be adjustable so you can fit differing widths of blades, it should be behind the blade not along side it.
On mine the rollers by the side of the blade are adjusted back and forth and fixed so as to be just behind the teeth by the set screw on the left, the bearing behind is on a rod that adjusts in and out independently of them and just touches when the blades turns freely, supporting the blade when it's under cutting pressure.

Called a 'thrust bearing' and i can confirm the back of the blade should touch the front of it when in use.
Its job is to prevent the blade being pushed off the wheels when force is applied.

Actually on my own bandsaw, I've taken off the entire assembly as it affords an increase depth of cut. As long as I dont apply too great a pressure when cutting, the blade runs ok.

Back