bandsaw blade.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birchwood

Established Member
Reaction score
hi folks , recent purchase of an imp band saw, which recommends half inch blade for straight cuts.I can buy a 3/8locally.Would the narrower be ok for general use mainly straight cuts.cheers bw

i agree- even if you were in a hurry, i would suggest speaking to ian and waiting for the post. I have just ordered at about 430 on a monday and it was waiting for me on wednesday when i got back from work.

I suspect that he will suggest one of these http://www.tuffsaws.co.uk/index.php?rou ... path=2_4_7

at the price, i would personally ask for a recommendation for straight cutting and ripping (it will be limited on your saw but you will be amazed what it can actually do) and a second one for curved cuts. With the price of postage compared to the blade (£3.95 per order up to a certain amount), it isnt really worth ordering one now and a second in a few months. so probably a half inch and a quarter inch.

but that info is probably trumped by somebody with the same saw as you so...

Latest posts

Back