bandsaw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I need a new blade for my startrite 252. could some one tell me the differance between carbon steel blades and bi-metal, apart from the bi-metal being twice the price. I use my saw for preparing logs for the lathe and sometimes I cut non ferrous metals. What TPI would people recomend. Are Trucut blades the beez neez?
Thanks Mark

We use both at work, the cheaper blades often break well before they become too blunt to use, sometimes within a day or two of fitting. The bi-metal ones last a lot longer, they rarely break and almost always blunt first, they are expensive though.

We're currently trying a few different suppliers for carbon steel blades to see if we can find a better one, a neighbouring workshop reports better results with Axminster blades so I've ordered a few of theirs, and I'm also going to try the company that Workshop Heaven uses, both are about the same price as our current supplier.

Latest posts

Back