Bandsaw blade advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbess

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought an Axminster bandsaw 93 inch blade and very confused with all info on blades what do forum users recommend for general wood cutting I'm running standard Axminster blade at mo what about their premium blades ?? Any advice welcome

I recently realised the benefit of changing blades depending on the job. The less teeth the faster and courser the cut - so good for deep sawing and re-sawing. The more teeth, the finer and slower the cut.
Better for more detailed work.

Sorry can't comment on the specific blades you mention.

Nick

The blade you use will depend on the material and thickness you are cutting, and the operation you are performing. Ripping, deep ripping, crosscutting, thin stock, curved work - they all require different blades. BUT you can compromise quite successfully. I do 90% of my work with a 1/2" 3TPI skip tooth blade (ripping and deep ripping) and a 1/4" 6TPI (for most other work).
You will get the best blades and best advice possible by talking to Ian at Tuffsaws. [email protected]

Cheers
Steve

Steve Maskery":3nz4mnrv said:
......BUT you can compromise quite successfully. I do 90% of my work with a 1/2" 3TPI skip tooth blade (ripping and deep ripping) and a 1/4" 6TPI (for most other work).
You will get the best blades and best advice possible by talking to Ian at Tuffsaws. [email protected]
Cheers
Steve
That's exactly the blades I almost always use - and from the same supplier :)

I've got 3/4" 3TPI Skip Tooth for ripping, 1/8" 4TPI for circles and curves etc and a 3/4" 14TPI for general use because it is a classroom Bandsaw and it helps to be able to quickly cut up sheet materials without trekking down the corridor to the table saw each time.

I don't often do circles/curves in thin material but thats what the scroll saws are for!

Back